Twin Lights Tribune

Christmas in Rockport 2018

The events of Dec 3 through Dec 9

December 8: From 9 – 1 pm – The Nordic Christmas celebration, Jul Fest, will be held at Spiran Lodge, Rockport, at the corner of Broadway and School St. It will include the St. Lucia festival, holiday music, and lunch, and a selection of Nordic baked goods including nisu, as well as meats, herring, cheeses, greens and gifts will be for sale.

At 12:55 pm see the Bolshoi Ballet performance of the Nutcracker ballet at the Shalin Lui Performance Center. On Christmas Eve, Marie’s Nutcracker doll magically transforms into a prince and together their wonderful adventure begins. The Nutcracker invites audiences of all ages on a magical journey, through a world of enchantment, complete with dancing snowflakes and dolls that have come to life, accompanied by Tchaikovsky’s beloved score. The timeless holiday classic returns to the Bolshoi stage this December for a live broadcast. Run time: 140 minutes Tickets: $22 Adults/ $15 Students & Seniors/$5 Youth Visit rockportmusic.org for details.

Old Sloop Coffeehouse will present An Old Sloop Christmas with Chelsea Berry, December 8 at 7:30 PM at the handicap-accessible First Congregational Church of Rockport, 12 School St.  Chelsea will lead a celebration of the Christmas season with a performance in the church sanctuary.  She will perform Christmas music as well as some of her own wonderful songs.  Special guests will add to the festivities. Advance tickets are $20.  Visit the website at oldsloopcoffeehouse.org, John Tarr Store in Rockport, or The Bookstore of Gloucester.  The suggested contribution at the door is $25 for adults, $15 for those 65 and older, $5 for those under 18, and $50 for families.

December 8-9: A Very Special Evening of Holiday Shopping: Scores of shops and galleries will be open for extended evening hours, offering exclusive promotions and special events. Shop amidst Rockport’s enchanting display of brightly lit, colorfully adorned Christmas trees, and enjoy hot chocolate in Dock Square. The Solstice Singers will be strolling and singing songs of the season throughout downtown. Quintessential Brass will be performing traditional carols, holiday classics, and jazzy Christmas favorites throughout downtown.

From 10am – 5pm visit the Holiday Show and Sale of Cynthia Curtis Pottery on 80 Pigeon Hill Street. Refreshments and plenty of parking. Cynthia Curtis Pottery Studio is located in the “Pigeon Cove” area of Rockport, Massachusetts, close to the popular tourist attraction ‘The Paper House,’ local wooded trails and historic granite quarries. Cynthia Curtis Pottery is known for its ocean-inspired creations including coral vases, lamps, berry bowls, ornaments, scallop and clamshell dishes, mugs, and wedding platters. You can find these handmade creations at our studio, and galleries and shops throughout Cape Ann.

From 12-4pm take the Art Gallery Stroll! Enjoy a popular  tradition – an  introduction to Rockport’s galleries, studios, artists, and artisans. Many galleries will be featuring live music, wine and light refreshments and artist demonstrations. Look for the Art Gallery Stroll banners at participating galleries.

December 9:Visit the First Congregational Church in Rockport at 2 pm for the Rockport Legion Band’s Annual Holiday Concert.

Celebrate the Season at Rockport’s oldest working farm, Seaview Farm on South Street! Enjoy wonderful treats from 11am-4pm. Ornament making,  Wassail and hot chocolate, hot prepared food (Seaview Farm’s Beef Stew and more by Cape Ann Fresh Catch). Desserts by Cake Ann. Christmas trees and wreaths for sale by Wolf Hill. Pony rides, storyteller, raffle and Christmas Tree lighting.

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

Seasonal Events

Rockport New Year’s Eve 2018

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

Seasonal Events

Christmas in Rockport 2018

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

General Interest

RHS Students to Perform on New Years Eve

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

Seasonal Events

Christmas in Rockport 2018

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

Calendar of Events

Music Students Present Busy Concert Season

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

Seasonal Events

The Holidays are Here!

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

DECA

Christmas in Rockport 2018

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

General Interest

Millbrook Meadow Wreath Christmas Fundraiser

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

Art Association

Rockport’s Christmas Calendar

• Christmas in Rockport 2018

General Interest

PTO looking for Crafters and Vendors for Christmas fair

The Student and Community News Site of Rockport High School
Christmas in Rockport 2018