Rockport Choral Summit This Week!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rockport Choral Summit This Week!

Members of chorus from grades 4-12 in the elementary school gym during the 2016 Choral Summit.

Sydney Champagne, Contributor/Editor

This week, chorus students from grades 4-12 will be getting together after school this week to sing and perform in Rockport Public School’s Annual Choral Summit. Since the beginning of the year, chorus students throughout RPS have been learning a song that will be sung all together at the Chorus Festival on November 29.

The summit begins on Tuesday November 27, where students will attend a concert free of expense at the Shalin Liu to see the professional choir Windborne at 7:00. The following day, the members of Windborne will come into chorus classrooms during the day to teach and sing with Rockport students. Wednesday afternoon after school, all chorus students from elementary, middle, and high school will gather in the elementary school gym and get to know one another through games, and sing together. Finally, on Thursday November 27, there will be a concert at 7:00 pm in the John E. Lane auditorium at Rockport High School. There, one would hear from the 4th & 5th Grade Chorus, the Middle School Chorus, the High School Chorus, and a grand finale where all nine grades will gather on stage to sing two songs together, along with Windborne.

It is sure to be a great week for chorus students, and all are welcome to attend Thursday’s concert, which is free of admission. Come out and support your peers Thursday at 7:00 pm!