Twin Lights Tribune

Winter Sports Awards Night

Taylor Frost

Concluding Rockport’s 2018 to 2019 winter athletics, athletic director John Parisi and principal Amy Rose gave heartfelt speeches recapping the winter season.  Beginning the night, they undertook to thank several coaches, assistants, parents, the Harmeling physical therapy staff, and participating student athletes. Numerous star athletes competing in basketball, cheering, swimming and hockey,  were called up to stage to join their mentors. Girls’ varsity basketball freshman player, Kylie Schrock, won several awards, including crown trophy athlete for the month of December, offensive player of the year, and the Boston Herald all star award. Leading the boys’ varsity basketball team, sophomore Gavyn Hillier achieved an MVP award, 1st team all star, and student athlete of the month for December. Senior Jake Lucas earned defensive player of the year, Noah Rawson was given the 2nd team all conference award. Accomplishing personal goals, star senior Cecelia Adelfio swam her way to earn athlete of the month for February, whilst junior Jordan Anzivino won athlete of the month for January. Before breaking out  into individual sports meetings, Mr. Parisi played a short film filled with many game pictures and the cheering squad’s routine to display the memories and funny moments that happened throughout the past few months. As this year’s unforgettable journey wraps up, seniors take in their last moments together as a team and student athletes begin to prepare themselves for the upcoming spring season.

The Student and Community News Site of Rockport High School
Winter Sports Awards Night