RHS Has DECA International Finalist

Back to Article
Back to Article

RHS Has DECA International Finalist

From left to right: Sydney Champagne, Chloe Beaulieu, Jack Kelly, Jordan Anzivino, Rachael Young, Eliza Nugent, Tayler Aylward

Sydney Champagne, Contributor/Editor

April 26 through May 1, seven members of RHS DECA traveled to Orlando, Florida for DECA Internationals. Six of the students (Tayler Aylward, Jordan Anzivino, Sydney Champagne, Jack Kelly, Eliza Nugent, and Rachael Young) participated in leadership academies while senior Chloe Beaulieu competed on the international level.

The former six students were all split up into different academies that DECA was offering. Tayler, Jordan, and Rachael participated in the THRIVE academy, where students continue to develop their toolbox of collaboration, communications, critical thinking and creativity skills. Sydney Champagne attended the ELEVATE academy, where the goal is to elevate your leadership in DECA by becoming the ultimate DECA chapter leader through discovering your personal leadership style and how you can use that to take your chapter to the next level. Finally, Jack Kelly and Eliza Nugent participated in ASPIRE where they learned how to leverage their DECA experience to their advantage in college, interviews and internships.

Chloe competed in the Integrated Marketing Campaign Event Category, and passed through the first round of competition with flying colors; this made her an international finalist, as she finished in the top 20 of her category and beat out students from all over the country. She competed again in the second round, and RHS could not be more proud of her.

The girls in their DECA attire before the closing ceremony.

On their off time, students visited Universal Studio’s DECA Night, and Disney World. Students left with memories that will last a life time, and knowledge that will help them pursue their goals in college and careers in their future. They are looking forward to the fall when DECA season starts again.

The junior girls along with Mrs. Luster and Mr. Larsen posing with Mickey and Minnie!