Rockport’s Graduating Seniors Present the “Senior Showcase” on Wednesday

This Wednesday, May 15, Rockport High School’s graduating members of the Class of 2019 will showcase their many talents for a final time as high-schoolers on the Shalin Liu Performance Center stage. The show, at 7 p.m., is free to the public.

This is the seventh year that Rockport Music has generously provided seniors with the opportunity to perform on the world-class Shalin Liu stage at 37 Main St. in Rockport. The show will feature a variety of artistic talents, including dance routines, poetry readings, and vocal and instrumental solos. Each student involved has devoted countless hours of work and passion into their performances. Moreover, they have organized the event, led by director Eamon Wheeler with guidance provided by faculty of Rockport High’s Music Department.

Besides Wheeler, students performing are William Altman, Alex Arndt, Chloe Beaulieu, Kimmy Cucuru-Henry, Charlotte Foss, Dillon Kendall, Miles Kressley, Jace Mason, Clara Mazo, Tres Morrell, Zachary Moceri, Jia Mulvey, Sophia Orlando, Jackson Renda, Hattie-Mae Rich, Matt Rich, Rowan Rockwell, Alex Strzemilowski, William Vincent, Sean Whelan, and Jessica White.

“I’m very excited to see all of my incredibly talented classmates perform together one last time,” said senior Mariah Colbert.

Beaulieu said this show is a special opportunity for students to reveal their talents to the community for the first time. “There are a number of students involved that normally wouldn’t showcase their talents, and we get to see a side of them that we don’t get to see.”

The showcase attracts friends, family, and members of the Rockport community. A full house is expected. Seating is first-come, first-served. Doors open at approximately 6:15 p.m.

“The show is a culmination of all the hard work we’ve done artistically for the thirteen years we’ve been in the school system. We can think of no better way we can say goodbye and share our gratitude with the community for all they have done for us,” Wheeler said.

“This is my favorite student show of the year,” said Rockport Public Schools’ music teacher Nathan Cohen. “The students work so hard and they put so much heart into this one. This one is for them, for their classmates, for their families, and for their community.”