Enchanted Garden Prom 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Enchanted Garden Prom 2019

Sophomore Olivia Newman escorted by senior Nick Blake at promenade

Sydney Champagne, Contributor/Editor

This year, the class of 2020 was tasked with planning the 2019 junior/senior prom. At the beginning of the school year, it was decided that the theme for the event would be Enchanted Garden, with colorful flowers and fairy lights to be used as decoration.

Senior Class president Sarah Murphy escorted by sophomore Noah Cook

Prom was held at the Black Swan Country Club in Georgetown on Friday May 17, and was attended by 176 students. Though it was a rainy day, the drowsy weather didn’t stop the students from showing off their gowns and tuxes, and having a great night. Promenade was held at the school at 5:00 pm that evening, where parents and citizens were welcomed to watch all the couples walk the carpet. Thankfully, the rain began to clear out when the students arrived to the venue, allowing for some outdoor photo opportunities.

Senior Alex Arndt escorted by RHS 2018 graduate Brett Bouchie

Some highlights of the night included the dinner buffet that was provided at the country club (specifically the tortellini alfredo), the photo booth, the ice cream sundae bar, and when the DJ played “Dancing Queen” by ABBA. Though this was a junior/senior event, the prom was also attended by multiple sophomores and a couple of freshman, along with a handful of students from out of town. All who attended left with smiles on their faces, and created memories that will last them for many years.

Junior Vice President Evelyn Merz escorted by junior Kai Knudsen

Congratulations to the class of 2020 for hosting such a great event that went off without a hitch!