Athletes of the Week September 29- October 5

Back to Article
Back to Article

Taylor Frost, Sports Writer

For the week of September 29 through October 5, a student from each fall sport was selected for their outstanding performance. Though each team has been working hard together to further build their skills, a few athletes were pointed out for their capabilities, whether it was for a special play, or for even leading their team in a game.

As for the golf team, junior Jacob Engel was selected as one of the representing athletes of the week. Through working hard on the course, he shows a lot of potential outside of the team while also playing baseball. His favorite color is blue and loves pizza!

Girls Varsity soccer has had a determined season with their first athlete of the week being junior goalie Alexa Osier. She is also involved in basketball and softball. Her favorite color is purple and she loves fettuccine Alfredo.

Returning varsity junior Lucy Twombly takes on the Field Hockey team as standing out as one of these top athletes as well. She has had an amazing season while also taking interest in tennis in the spring. Her favorite color is red and loves all kinds of ice cream.

Last but not least, junior captain Austin Matus of the boys varsity soccer team stood out as one of the star athletes this week. Along with soccer, he excels at both basketball and baseball. He loves both the color blue and the Cheesecake Factory.

With more players to come throughout the school year, all student athletes have been working very hard this season and are striving for the best for their team ant themselves, and still have big goals for the end of their seasons.