Twin Lights Tribune

First Annual RPS Plant Nursery is a Huge Success!

On May 25th and 26th, the Rockport Middle and High School Green Team was outside selling plants in front of the Health and Wellness Center. This group has been working for the past 3 months to prepare seedlings for parents and community members to plant in their gardens. Some of the plants for sale included Swiss chard, tomatoes, broccoli, and sunflowers. In total, over 200 plants were sold, and all profits are being cycled back into the greenhouse project. The Green Team plans on expanding their plant nursery for next year, and hopes to be selling cucumbers, squash, and peas in addition to what they sold this year.

The Green Team will be continuing plant sales at the Farmer’s Market in Rockport this summer. Among the plants that will be available are marigold and sunflower. The Green Team will also be selling fresh produce, including kale, lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers.

For more information about the RPS Greenhouse or the Green Team, contact Nathaniel Kirby at nathaniel.kirby@rpk12s.org  or visit us at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings in Harvey Park.

About the Writer
Nathaniel Kirby, Local Events Contributor

Nathaniel Kirby is a junior at Rockport High School and is involved in many of the school's clubs, such as the Green Team and the Math Team. Nathaniel...

The Student and Community News Site of Rockport High School